Sunday, January 15, 2012

Flying Dog Raging Bitch

Just so ya'll know, my blog isn't just about cigars. This entry will be about beer.

That being said, last night was my first foray into the world of pulled pork. My wife found an ultra-easy, 3-step recipe. I used about 8 oz of Stubbs BBQ sauce and 10 oz of Emeril's BAM BBQ sauce. I mixed in about 1/4 cup of white vinegar and about 1/8 cup of yellow mustard. The result was some darn good pulled pork. If you know me, I usually prefer beef, but I wanted to try this recipe. I'm glad I did.

I created my own cole slaw recipe (that still needs perfection on the execution) to accompany the sandwiches. E-mail me or comment to this post if you want the recipe.

Finally, once it was time to serve dinner, I opted for Flying Dog Raging Bitch (a Belgian IPA). I first heard of this beer from my friend Jason. I bought the six pack for New Year's Eve, but only managed to drink 2 of them. Still, as a fan of many different IPAs, this one exhibited the hoppiness you'd expect from an IPA, but had a subtle sweetness (think trippelbock) to it. I wouldn't go as far as calling it toffee-like, but the aftertaste was more than pleasant. It's heavy enough to satiate, and the ABV (8.3%) gives it just enough power. I will finish this six-pack, and then I'll probably go buy another one.

Happy Sunday everyone. Enjoy the last game of the divisional playoffs (go Pack!). Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment